Monday, November 21, 2005

Rockin in Little Rock

This weekend I decided to take a short trip to visit a college friend Mark Warner who is currently living in Little Rock, AR (not by choice). I set out early on Friday in effort to beat the afternoon rush to the airport, and had no problems getting out on the Austin to Houston leg of my trip. As I was boarding the the plane, sitting there in 1st class was Eric Estrada. Also better know as Ponch!

Mr. Estrada has come a long way since the days cruising the streets on his bike in "Chips." He was sporting all of the lastest fads (Mickey Mouse watch, 5 strands of power beads, 3 gold chains, and a blue jean jacket). It was like 4 decades wrapped into 1.

After the short flight to Houston, I had to stand-by for the next flight to Little Rock. I missed the first flight by 1 seat and then couldnt get on the next two. 4 hours later my name was finally called for the 730 flight to Little Rock. They actually bussed us out to the runway, stored my bag under the plane, and loaded us on. After finally sitting down in my seat, I was breathing a sigh of relief, when I hear "Passanger Hill" being called out over the PA system. When flying as a non-revenue stand-by, this is NEVER a good sign. Before I knew it, I was being pulled off the plane and driven back to the airport, bag in hand.

After about 20 games of Sudoku, I finally got to Little Rock about 10 on Friday night and was more than ready for a beer. We headed out to the bars in an area called The River Market. In the heart of it, runs President Clinton Ave.


Prez Clinton is not the only famous celebrity, because while Mark and I were drinking beers in Little Rock's most popular Piano Bar, in walked Scottie Pippen. Yep, he was as tall and as ugly as he is on TV.

I also got the priviledge of going to my first and last University of Arkansas football game. Unless they are playing the horns of course. Don't get me wrong, the people of Arkansas are some of the nicest people I have ever encountered in my travels, but some of the worst dressed. I have never seen so many people wearing camoflauge and sequins at any place in my life. Quite the site and only the Hog fans can pull it off. The photo below can further explain what I saw.


Needless to say, my trip to Arkansas was an unforgettable one and it made flying stand-by worth the price once again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home